The key to getting found online is content. But content doesn’t have to be text – there’s a glut of text. Video stands out, is the most shared, and shows up in page one search results.
So why video?
- Video is auditory and visual. There’s no reading required.
- People are used to watching tv, so it’s a natural progression to watching video on the computer.
- Video adds personality to your brand.
- It’s easier to establish trust and build relationships with video.
- It’s shareable, searchable and findable.
So how should a company on a budget go about producing a video?
- Record webinars. You can use software such as Camtasia or Screenflow.
- Use software like Animoto to build video slideshows.
- Record using your webcam, or the webcam function within YouTube.
- Answer commonly asked questions about your company or product in a 1-2 minute video.
When you have your video, YouTube is the natural choice for where to put it online. It gets 4 billion views per day. It’s the #2 search engine, behind only Google. It’s a social network within itself. Its results show within Google’s search results. And people can watch it on Wii, phones, Netflix and more!
So how are you using video to get found online?