Awareness Social Marketing Software recently hosted a webinar titled Creating a Breakthrough for Your Business on Facebook. John Haydon, author of Facebook Marketing for Dummies and Chief Heretic at Inbound Zombie, imparted his vast knowledge during the hour. Here’s a bit of what he shared:
- Facebook has 845 million active users. This makes it an amazing outlet for engaging with customers and prospects for customer service and enhancing their brand experience.
- Make sure you know whether to set your company up as a page or a place. If your business regularly has customers coming in, as with a restaurant, it should be a place. If not, it should be a page.
- Custom tabs are a good way to set your page apart…within limits. When adding tabs, remember that less is more – the more tabs you have, the more likely people won’t really look at any of them. Custom tabs can be created through 3rd party apps (easy), static HTML (hard, especially if you’re not well versed in HTML code) or developing your own app (the hardest of all options).
- Don’t try to go too fast in getting fans. You can always promote your page. Focus first on developing something worthy of people’s interest. Be likeable and trustworthy. Make your content about your fans. If you do that, the fans will come.
- As for tips on content to share, Haydon suggested to make it about your fans. Share updates from peer pages. Ask questions. Post photos and short videos.
So how are you using Facebook for your business? What are you seeing work and what isn’t?